As a tenant, you're going to want to book the property that you like. Studinthome offers you a platform where you can book a room or apartment 100% online while having a 24h guarantee to protect you in case anything happens on the day of move-in. This guide intends to help you in making a booking.
1) Create an account
You can start by creating an account before browsing the listings. To do so, go to Register on the top right of your screen. You can:
- Log-in with Facebook: click on log in with Facebook to create an account using Facebook. Your name, profile picture, and e-mail will be automatically added to your profile
- Register with e-mail: if you wish, you can create an account with your e-mail. In that case, you will have to add your username, e-mail address, and create a password. In the scroll-down menu, select "I want to rent", like the picture below:
Once you registered, you will be redirected to the log-in page to log-in. From there, simply enter the username/e-mail adress and password that you created.
Tip: Verify your e-mail adress. You should have received an e-mail confirming your account creation. If you can't find the e-mail, check your spam folder.
2) Complete the booking
Once you created an account you can book your listing. To do that you have to follow these steps:
- Select your move-in and move-out date
- Click on "Request to book". You will be redirected to the booking checkout page.
- From there, follow the instructions on the checkout page to book the room or apartment that you want.
- You will be asked to agree with terms and rules, redact a message for the landlord, and pay first month rent with Credit/debit card or paypal to complete the booking
3) After the booking
Once the booking is completed, check your e-mails. You should have received 2 emails:
- One receipt that you can keep for your documents.
- One booking confirmation (if you can't find the booking confirmation, check your spam folder. It is important to list the e-mail as "unspam" since all communications between you and the landlord will be sent from the same e-mail)
You will also find the booking in your profile. To do so, navigate to Profile > Reservations, and you will be able to see your reservation like this:
By clicking on Details you will be redirected to your reservation details page. From there, you can view the details of your reservations, and send an additional message to the landlord if necessary:
As you know, the landlord has 36h to cancel the reservation in case he wasn't able to perform the necessary background check or if the place is double-booked. To minimise the risk of your booking being cancelled, we strongly recommend:
- Adding as much detailed information in the booking message as possible
- Adding a profile picture ( Go to Profile >Profile> Photo)
- Request an ID verification (Navigate to Profile > Verification)